My Life...

All abt my life and recent happenings. ORDed on 22nd September 2005 so it's like i'm starting my life anew. Dunno how long i can keep this blog going but really hope it can go on for as long as possible. Got a very poor memory so hope i can record down those memorable moments so tat i will still be able to savour them months later...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

ehhh i'm just a typical Cancer person i guess... hiding in my crab shell most of the time... a home-loving kind of person... and my fav. quote - sHeN JinG bInG!!!

Monday, March 13, 2006

1st day of perm job!!!

hey today is the 1st day for my perm job. wah but due to the fact tat i stayed up for the arsenal-liverpool match and then witnessed tat unbelievable gerrard howler, causing me to suffer from insomnia, so i was really trying very hard to keep awake today.

ok the day started with this orientation for me by this lady from the hr dept which includes an introduction abt the company's profile, subsidiaries and then all the company's policies. then i was showed the route for this company bus and fortunately, they have one tat stops rite at the bus stop in front of my block. so, great! i will be saving on all those transport fees. hmmmm but it's like kind of boring to be just traveling between 2 places for most of the week. but well, can't have the best of both worlds all the time.

after the orientation, i was brought to the IT dept which i'll be working in and there was another briefing by this IT manager which i had met during the interview. i was then given some manuals to read thru when there was nothing for me to do. so after somemore briefing in the server rooms, i started to read the manuals which was quite agonising as i tried hard to stay awake.

then after a while, i was given my pc to set up and to install all the softwares. but somehow, no matter which cpu we used, there was always this beeping sound coming from the cpu. then after changing quite a number of cpus, we unplugged the keyboard and turns out tat the problem actually lies with the keyboard. then while installing the softwares, my colleague showed me how to configure this firewall tat we are using and then he showed me the applications tat were blocked and msn messenger was one of them. haizzz sad, no msn for me in the office liao.

then it was lunchtime and i went to this canteen to eat and there was only one stall. hope to be able to go somewhere else to eat tmr.

then after lunch my colleague started to explain to me abt the processes tat the pple in the company do and all those eventually ends up in files being stored in the server. so all those data needs to be backed up every week so tat's just 1 of the things to be done. and then after somemore explanation of the processes and stuff and somemore installation of softwares, it was time to go home.

ok so actually it was a fine 1st day of work and then the things tat i'll be learning are quite interesting to me. but i tink maybe i need to be revising a bit on my poly sch work to get back the knowledge and all those basic configurations stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home