My Life...

All abt my life and recent happenings. ORDed on 22nd September 2005 so it's like i'm starting my life anew. Dunno how long i can keep this blog going but really hope it can go on for as long as possible. Got a very poor memory so hope i can record down those memorable moments so tat i will still be able to savour them months later...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

ehhh i'm just a typical Cancer person i guess... hiding in my crab shell most of the time... a home-loving kind of person... and my fav. quote - sHeN JinG bInG!!!

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Fishing Trip - 02/04/2015

Went for my 2nd open sea fishing trip last Thursday and it was really more enjoyable than the 1st time, not least becos we caught more fishes this time round!

We planned to set off from Marina Country Club about 1 hour earlier than the 1st time, cos the captain said the waters in the morning would be better for fishing. It meant tat I had to wake up at 4.30am... On leave and I had to wake up even earlier than for work...


So off we went out to sea. Although it was my 2nd time, still a bit blur on wat to do. Even forgotten how to hook the prawn on... But after a while it all came back to me. Another reason y it was more enjoyable this time round was perhaps becos I had my own rod and reel to play around with. I had borrowed from Jimmy the 1st time round. This time, Dan helped me to buy a really budget setup which cost only $30 for rod and reel!

Reached our 1st spot and was pretty excited as I dropped the line into the water. Surprisingly, it took just a short while and I got my 1st bite. Quite kan cheong and din really noe wat to do. Followed the captain's instructions of pulling up and reeling in and eventually I got the fish up. It was a stingray again! Hahaha! I had caught a stingray on my 1st trip and the captain said tat it was too small so we released it back into the water. This one was definitely bigger so we decided to keep it. Haha maybe it was the same one and it came back to find me after growing up?


Din really have time to settle down after the excitement of my 1st catch and I felt movement on my fishing rod again. Haha I tink I still have a bit of beginner's luck although it was my 2nd trip. This time it was a more normal type of fish (ehhhh still cant really identify the different types of fishes... so dun really noe the name of the fish). And so just 1 hour into this trip, I already caught 2 fishes. Definitely worth taking leave for this! Haha.

Eventually the others all got their 1st catches of the day and it was turning out to be a very good day for everyone. But my beginner's luck seemed to wear off after I caught my 5th fish and then there were no more. The weather also turned bad and started to rain quite heavily. The captain commented tat the decrease in water temperature meant tat it would be less likely for the fishes to take the bait. Apparently, it makes them lose appetite... So we decided to call it a day.


The biggest catch of the day for the entire boat has got to be the 金目鲈 (Barramundi) (the one at the bottom of the photo) tat Vincent caught right before we decided to call it a day.

Really enjoyed this trip and already looking forward to the next one! But will be going for the lasik pre-op evaluation next Saturday and if I am able to do the epi-lasik op before the next trip tat they already planned on the 30th, then I would need to give the next trip a miss, and also sit out for at least 1 more month after tat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home