My Life...

All abt my life and recent happenings. ORDed on 22nd September 2005 so it's like i'm starting my life anew. Dunno how long i can keep this blog going but really hope it can go on for as long as possible. Got a very poor memory so hope i can record down those memorable moments so tat i will still be able to savour them months later...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

ehhh i'm just a typical Cancer person i guess... hiding in my crab shell most of the time... a home-loving kind of person... and my fav. quote - sHeN JinG bInG!!!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bangkok day 5

Ok here i am now in my 2nd uncle's house. Unpacked the stuff from my bkk trip and settled down already. So finally got time to update abt my final 2 days in bkk.

On friday, i woke up earlier than usual cos it was the last day for shopping. Wont have time on saturday cos my flight would be at 12.45pm. Decided to have breakfast either in platinum mall or just anywhere along the way. Saw the pasar malam (ok lah it actually looks more like a food fair) tat i saw on wednesday but it wasn't opened yet so cant eat there for breakfast.


Chose one of the street food stalls outside CentralWorld and ordered their chicken noodles. It has a piece of radish, a drumstick, chicken feet and a cube which i believe is chicken blood ba. Cos its chicken noodles mah. Cannot be chicken noodles inside got pigs blood rite? But i also nv eat chicken blood b4... Anyways, the soup tastes a bit like the soup for kway chap but just tat its sweeter. The meat for the drumstick was tender. Overall it tasted really quite nice. Bought some watermelon as i continued my way to platinum mall.


Haha actually fell asleep halfway thru updating this. Continuing now from the previous nite. Just finished brunch at boon lay place food centre and wanted to take a photo of the wanton mee tat i ate but eventually i din lah. Haha maybe too 习惯 already. Been taking photos of everything i ate for the past 6 days. But it was really quite nice and heng heng i was the last customer before they closed for the day. Maybe opening later at nite ba. Din noe of anything really nice here except for the power nasi lemak.

Still having this tourist-y kind of feeling as i explored this new neighbourhood tat i'll be staying in for the next 1 week or so. Cant really say tat its new to me cos my house is so near and also i spent quite a bit of my sec sch life here playing playstation and soccer at 1 of my sec sch's fren's house. After brunch, i walked ard boon lay shopping centre as i din really have much to do today. Maybe just go back to my regular hair salon in gek poh for haircut and drop by my house to see how's the reno going.

Ok sidetracked a bit liao. Shall continue to update on my bkk trip. So after breakfast at the roadside stall, i continued on to platinum mall to do my last min shopping.


Basically i knew wat exactly i wanted to buy liao. Just have to find the shop tat sells them with the right quality and at the right prices. Picked up the leather loafers tat i saw in zone 3 but din buy on wednesday. Din buy them at mbk cos i preferred those being sold here. And also the shop which i bought the brogues din have wholesale prices.



Went on to look for a backpack, partly cos i felt tat i would not have enuf luggage space for the stuff i bought. Ehhh dun even noe whether i'll be using it in sg anot... Went back to the shop from which i bought my wallet as i remembered seeing one which i quite like. Took a 2nd look at it and kiv-ed tat as i went down to lvl 3 which was the main lvl selling bags according to the directory. Lvl 4 and 5 were for leather goods. Saw another which i liked which was double the price of the one at lvl 4. Decided to get this one as the quality seemed better. Another reason was tat the salesperson at lvl 4 got attitude problem today. Kept on mumbling something in thai after she told me the prices of the bags. So now i have something to keep all my loot for tat day liao. Haha din have to carry ard so many bags of stuff in my hand. Went on to lvl 4 in zones 1 and 2 to shop for the rest of my stuff.


Here in zones 1 and 2, it was really quite fast-paced as compared to zone 3. So it was like although i still have quite a bit of time to shop for my remaining 3 or 4 items (it wasnt even noon yet), i was like being influenced into being kan cheong. Walked a bit faster and was looking ard frantically for the items tat i wanna buy. Managed to get the skinny/slim-fit pants tat i wanted at this shop which actually allowed exchanges for size, which i tink is quite a rarity here in platinum mall, and generally in bkk actually (excluding those big shopping malls of cos). This i feel is one of the few disadvantages of shopping here as all the shops here do not have fitting rooms. Went to the toilet to try out the pants. Happy with the size and on with the shopping.

Randomly picked up a t-shirt cos tats like necessity for every bkk trip. If u havent bought a t-shirt, u havent been to bkk! Decided to skip on the casual shirt tat i initially planned to buy cos i din see any tat i liked. So only 1 item left now, which was the casual blazer (ehhh dun really noe wat to call it cos it has a sweater-like collar and cuffs but blazer-like button and pockets) tat i saw on wednesday. 

Found it at 1 of the shops on lvl 4 but their smallest size was m. Remembered tat i saw it at lvl 2 on wednesday so i decided to go to tat shop to see if they have size s for me to try if it fits better. I had noted down the lane tat the shop was in so i found it pretty quickly. However, the smallest size is also m and same price also (realised after i bought it tat they are actually branches of the same shop as it was indicated on the plastic bag). Decided to buy it here at lvl 2 as the lady (ehhh or was it a man) tat served me at lvl 4 got attitude problem again. Haha if u got attitude problem then u cant get my business. If ur attitude is fantastic, u might even influenced me into buying something on impulse. Ehhh something like wat happened to the slippers on wednesday. Wore them to massage on thursday and friday and its like increasingly likely tat i wont ever wear them again...


Anyways i was done with my shopping for clothes and shoes. Although i wasnt really hungry yet, i went to the food court to eat something and contemplate on wat to do for the rest of the day. Ordered seafood pad thai and or lua (or hot tod as indicated on the menu. haha sounds like hot bod but dun tink u'll have a hot bod if u eat too much of this). Pad thai was normal but really liked the or lua although it was super oily. The tau gey makes it less 腻 to eat though. So my conclusion for food after these 6 days is - order anything with egg and u'll nv go wrong. Ehhh or maybe not ba. Remembered seeing a skewer of 3 eggs with the shells still on in 1 of the street food stalls. Dun really wanna tink abt wat it really is...


After finishing lunch, i nua-ed in the food court as i tot abt wat to buy for my colleagues. Browsed thru the countless sg blogs abt bkk trips and also those travel web sites and finally i decided on buying pocky as i read tat they have some flavours here which are not available in sg. So off i went to big c supermarket which was also along the way back to chit lom bts. Bought more of the chocobanana flavour as it seemed to be more special.


Finally done with all my shopping already. Decided to go back hotel to put all my stuff and start packing. At least i would still have time to tink of something if i was unable to pack everything in. Bought this drink called oliang on my way back. I had assumed tat it was some sort of liang teh and bought it as i was feeling a little heatiness which i probably got from my lunch. Turns out tat it was actually kopi-o peng... Y like tat?? I want teh o u give me liang teh. Now i really want liang teh liao u give me kopi-o peng... Actually it was more like kopi-o peng, kaaaaa dai cos i tried to finish it but gave up after finishing half as it was reeeaaaally sweet. Saw the stall owner add 3 large spoonfuls of sugar... 


Started packing and just abt managed to squeeze all my stuff into the luggage i brought, the backpack i bought and my small hand-carry sling bag, leaving some space for those stuff tat i would be packing on the next morning. So i nua-ed for a little while more before i went to collect my suit and shirt at crown.

Haizzz dunno y even after all the alterations after 2 fittings, somehow the blazer still doesnt look rite to me... hmmm maybe i need to buff up more ba. I collected the suit and shirt as there wont be enuf time for anymore alterations already. Then i brought them back to my hotel room before going to terminal 21 for dinner.



Decided to eat at terminal 21 as i still had the food court card with me and also wanted to try the mango sticky rice there as it looked good everytime i see it but always no stomach space for it. Maybe also cos i prefer salty food instead so wasnt really interested in trying it. First i ordered the main course for my dinner which was hainanese and deep fried chicken rice. The deep fried chicken was really disappointing as it wasnt really crispy. The hainanese white chicken was slightly better as the meat was tender. The chilli was good as well.


Then finally i tried the mango sticky rice, and it was really, really good! And this is coming from me, a person who dun really like sweet stuff/desserts. The rice is a little salty and neutralises a bit of the mango's sweetness so u wont eat the mango until got the 腻 feeling. The sesame and the other crispy yellow stuff just increases the 口感。Really a nice way to end off my final dinner in bkk.


So only 1 thing left to do now - my final massage session of cos. Went to another massage parlour in the soi tat my hotel was in and tried the 1 hour thai full body massage. Really loosened all my stiff muscles but dunno y my shoulders were hurting the morning after the massage. Still hurting a bit now... Also took a photo of the atas club near my hotel. Looks really happening at nite. Contemplated on whether to go in to 大开眼界 but decided against it due to lack of funds and actually not really interested also. Not really a clubbing person. Also read tat its a bit racist. Only interested in ang moh customers. So i better not try. Scarly get turned away at the door by the bouncer then paiseh liao. So this ends off day 5 of my trip and will be updating later on the final day, which was basically the trip to the airport.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home